Full-Time Office Manager
Are you looking for the challenge of growing a new office?
Cheetah Resources is a rapidly growing mining company. We operate Canada’s first rare earth mine. We are a company built on integrity, respect for others, community and thinking differently. We aim to be the largest independent supplier of clean mixed rare earth feedstock outside China, supporting clean technologies and industries such as electric vehicles, renewable energy and the green economy.
We are recruiting a self-motivated problem-solving Office Manager in Yellowknife with excellent communication and organization skills who is motivated by working in a small team that prides themselves in getting things done.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Establishing and maintaining
a. A clean, professional, uncluttered office that is a safe, pleasant, welcoming and efficient workspace
b. A schedule that ensures the office is staffed during business hours
c. Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly checklist of office routines
d. Systems for receiving, logging, distributing, sending and tracking packages and correspondence
e. Inventory and ordering of office and kitchen supplies, the maintenance of office, telephone and IT equipment, communicating with the landlord, arranging cleaners and contractors for minor repairs
f. Procedures for record protection, retention, disposal and retrieval and maintaining the staff directory, key control and petty cash
2. Maintaining the community engagement logs and helping to organize community events and site visits
3. Supporting the Vice President Corporate Affairs and Strategy
4. Supporting the Nechalacho Site Manager by arranging travel and raising P.O.’s (until NWT Operations Support Coordinator returns)
5. Assisting with staff onboarding orientation and registration for benefits
6. Maintaining office policies and supporting the management of health, safety, and environment procedures related to the office
7. Training or arranging training for safety, IT used by office staff
8. Reception duties – maintaining COVID procedures, receiving visitors, answering calls, emails and letters and booking the board room
9. Coordinating with the Australian and Saskatoon Offices and other duties
• Strong organizational, problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work and work on a wide variety of tasks
• Attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed, correctly and quickly
• Strong computing skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
• Reliability and discretion
• 2-3 years of experience as an office manager or 6 years experience as a senior executive assistant, administrative assistant, or similar role
• Desirable additional skills: French or an Indigenous language, event organizing and procurement experience
Why Work for Cheetah
At Cheetah, we understand people are fundamental to our success. We aspire to provide opportunities for the people and businesses in the communities in which we operate.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace with the right people in the right roles who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and vacation package with opportunities to grow and advance.
How to Apply
Please forward your cover letter and resumé by March 2nd to:
Vice President Corporate Affairs and Strategy
Phone: +1 (867) 445-2700
1551 total views, 3 today