Full-Time POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Kitikmeot Inuit Association
POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Cambridge Bay, NU
Reporting to the Manager, Inuit Employment and Training, the Post-Secondary Education Coordinator will implement and administer the Inuit Post-Secondary Education Strategy. The Post-Secondary Education Coordinator will work towards a goal of increasing Inuit post-secondary education attainment rates to a level consistent with the non-Indigenous population.
The duties of the Post-Secondary Education Coordinator include supporting clients with applications, participating in the Application Review Committee, completing contribution agreements, communicating with students and post-secondary institutions throughout the year, and completing regular reporting to the KIA Board of Directors and
Indigenous Services Canada. The Coordinator will also be responsible for traveling to Kitikmeot communities for community engagement and to increase awareness of KIA employment and education services. The PSE Coordinator will also provide other KIA career services including: career counselling, resumé writing, case management of client information, employment readiness and skills development activities and workshops.
The ideal candidate will have:
- knowledge of post-secondary institutions and programs
- experience developing and implementing programs or activities that meet set guidelines or criteria
- strong computer skills in word processing, presentations, and creating & using spreadsheets
- experience communicating in-person, by phone and by email in a professional environment
- ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- an undergraduate degree in a related field, along with two years of related work experience; a two year diploma program in a related field and three years of related work experience will be considered as equivalent for those without an undergraduate degree
- ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- oral and written communication skills in Inuinnaqtun or Inuktitut are considered an asset
Salary Range: $72,661 – $92,235, plus a northern & housing allowance of $19,800, a generous vacation travel assistance package and other employment benefits including a pension. Relocation assistance is available. Housing may be available.
Please read the following instructions very carefully. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume that demonstrate that you meet the qualifications and outline why you believe you are the ideal candidate for the position. In particular, please demonstrate your knowledge of post-secondary programs and institutions.
How to Apply
Please submit applications by email or mail to:
Manager Inuit Employment and Training
Kitikmeot Inuit Association
Box 18, Cambridge Bay, NU X0B 0C0
Or contact 867-983-2458 for00 further information or to request a Job Description.
Preference will be given to Inuit who are enrolled under the Nunavut Agreement. KIA will only contact those candidates considered for an interview.
Closing date for applications is July 10, 2020 at 5:00 pm MST.
1279 total views, 2 today