Job Information The Commission scolaire francophone des Territoires du Nord-Ouest (CSFTNO) has an opening for a school principal at École Allain St- Cyr in Yellowknife for the 2024-2027 school year. École Allain St-Cyr provides French first-language instruction from junior kindergarten to Grade 12. It is expected that there will be approximately 185 students and 26 staff members at the school in 2024–2025.
Under the supervision of the superintendent, the school principal provides education leadership and is responsible for ensuring optimum learning outcomes in a safe environment by implementing Department of Education programs of study, approved curricula, and school policies. As an education leader, the school principal must be able to promote positive relations with and between students, staff and members of the community while striving for the continuous improvement of the school and effective management functions.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following documentation by February 21, 2024
• cover letter, resume and names of at least 3 references (must include current supervisor),
• statement (1 page max.) outlining your educational/ leadership philosophy
– Maintains high student academic and social standards.
– Implements and monitors new and existing curricula.
– Makes sure that appropriate and approved education resources are available for teachers.
– Implements required student evaluation policies and measures.
– Maintains a safe environment at the school for students and staff.
– Directs school improvement efforts established by the school board.
– Manages and evaluates staff as required and does so efficiently.
– Provides strong administrative direction throughout the school to meet school board standards.
– Maintains regular communication with parents and stakeholders.
– Provides an annual report card on the school if needed.
– Takes part in school and school board training sessions and meetings as required.
– Performs all other duties and tasks that are assigned by the superintendent.
– Completion of master’s degree in education leadership, or in the process of obtaining such a degree.
– Bachelor of Education.
– Minimum of two years’ experience in school administration.
– Five years’ teaching experience in Canada.
– Proficiency in English and French.
– Extensive knowledge of Francophone minority community culture and demonstrated support for a vision of education that is consistent with the objectives of French-language education in minority settings.
– Dedication to the school and the French-speaking community.
– Strong education leadership abilities.
– Ability to build on teacher competencies.
– Ability to model inclusive schooling as a core expectation.
This job opening is for up to a 5 year term
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Priority for Northwest Territories Teachers’ Association positions shall be granted as follows:
Priority 1: Teachers who have received official lay-off notice;
Priority 2: Indigenous Aboriginal Persons;
Priority 3: Indigenous Non-Aboriginal or Resident Disabled Person;
Priority 4: Indeterminate Teachers eligible for Transfer or Promotion and not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
Priority 5: Term teachers not included in Priorities 2 & 3;
Priority 6: NWT Resident Teachers not employed by the GNWT or included in Priorities 2 & 3; Priority 7: Teachers who are not residents of theNWT and who are not included in Priorities.
This job opening requires candidate to be fluent both orally and written in both English and French. Criminal Records Check Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 24709
Closing Date: February 21, 2024 – 23:59, Mountain Time
Salary is prorated dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from $84,669 to $136,694 per annum), plus an annual Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
YELLOWKNIFE CENTRE 5TH FLOOR
BOX 1320 YELLOWKNIFE NT X1A 2L9
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Fax (867) 873-0445
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.
49 total views, 2 today