Flexible Hours Project Coordinator
The NWT Seniors’ Society is seeking a
We are looking for a project coordinator to support a project intended to decrease social isolation of older adults in 10 NWT communities in collaboration with local facilitators. This project is funded by New Horizons for Seniors, a program of the Government of Canada. The position will end in April 2024.
Some of the benefits of working with the NWT Seniors’ Society are flexible work hours and a hybrid model, where you can work from home part of the time if you wish.
• Strong communications skills both written and oral
• Ability to work collaboratively with many different organizations
• Conflict Resolution
• Facilitation Skills
• Basic knowledge of finance
• Excellent communication skills both in writing and orally
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft and experience with or ability to learn collaboration software, data management and data management software
• 3 to 5 years of experience working with seniors’ issues and concerns; experience in an Indigenous environment and/or northern/remote communities preferred.
• Must be able to travel to small, northern communities by air or land including a valid driver’s license.
• A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search will be a condition of the employment offer.
• Diploma or Degree in the social sciences. Equivalencies will be considered.
The position will report to the Executive Director of the NWT Seniors’ Society.
NWT Seniors’ Society is based in Yellowknife, NWT.
Full position description is available upon request.
Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. The position is available immediately and ends in April 2024.
How to Apply
Submit resume by fax, email or in person by November 25, 2022:
NWT Seniors’ Society
102, 4916 46th Street
Yellowknife, NT X1A 1L2
Fax number (867) 920-7601 or
1247 total views, 2 today