Full-Time RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Union of Northern Workers
The UNW is a membership driven Union comprised of approximately 6,000 members throughout the Northwest Territories, made up of public servants and various private employee groups. As the North’s largest Union, the UNW prides itself in its unique and diverse membership. As a component of the Public Service Alliance of Canada, the UNW enjoys the advantage of both regional and national representation in Canada.
Purpose of the Position: Provides reception and general administrative support services including clerical, typing, photocopying, drafting correspondence and proofreading material and documents. Orders and maintains supplies for the office. Maintains office equipment and contacts repair personnel as needed. Books travel for employees and members for meetings, conferences, and convention. Arranges meeting rooms for membership events. Works collaboratively with other members of the administrative support team and is cross trained to provide relief coverage.
Education and experience:
- Grade 12 graduation and completion of an Office Administration Certificate programme; or two to three years related experience in an office environment operating typical office equipment and programmes; or equivalent combination of training and experience in office management.
- basic knowledge of trade union role, objectives and activities
- proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel as well as understanding of database software
- ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment
- ability to determine priorities and problem solve
- ability to work under strict deadlines
- high degree of initiative
- good judgment and tact
Salary Range: $56,438.67 – 63,699.58
Area of Search: This competition is open to the general public with preference given to Northern Residents.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm, Mountain Time, November 9, 2020. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
Applications can be emailed to: email@example.com
675 total views, 1 today