Full-Time RECREATION COORDINATOR
The Kátł’odeeche First Nation (KFN) is seeking a qualified applicant to fill the role of Recreation Coordinator in one of the only two Reserves in the Northwest Territories. The Recreation Coordinator is responsible for the recreation and K’amba Carnival committees – both of which are advisory committees – to plan recreational programs and activities. The Recreation Assistant, Facility Supervisor, Waterfront Coordinator, and other casual recreation staff report to the Recreation Coordinator. From a policy perspective, the Recreation Coordinator is considered to be a Program Manager.
The overall goal of the Recreation Coordinator is to plan, develop, and implement a comprehensive, culture-based recreation program for children, youth, adults, and elders, with a particular focus on youth.
• plan, develop, and implement recreation programs and activities in the community
• apply for recreational funding and carry out other fundraising activities
• overseeing the maintenance of all recreational facilities and equipment
• establish regulations regarding the use of facilities and participation is recreation programs and activities
• assisting with the development and delivery of regional and territorial competitions and programs that benefit KFN youth
• supervising recreation staff
• hire casual staff, as required
• grade 12 diploma or equivalency
• college level training and certification in the recreation field
• demonstrated commitment to and involvement in sports
• level 1 or 2 coaching certification
• knowledge of and interest in traditional cultural activities
• supervisory and program management experience
• good verbal and written communications skills
• experience working with Aboriginal youth
• CPR and First Aid certification
• eligibility for a Class 4 driver’s license
Skills and Experience:
• flexible and able to accommodate unexpected changes or demands on his/her time
• developing annual plans, preparation, and monitoring of recreation budget
• developing proposals, initiating fundraising activities, organizing, and delivering a variety of recreation programs, with a special focus on traditional cultural activities
• strong organizational, mentoring, interpersonal, and training skills
• preparing comprehensive reports and records
• responsible for all recreation facilities and equipment, including maintenance, inventory, health, and safety standards
• responsible for supervision, monitoring and hiring of all recreation staff, including casual staff as required
• participating regularly with other Recreation Coordinators for planning and delivery of regional programs and services
• other duties as required
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is dependent on education and experience.
How to Apply
Friday, May 28th, 2021 @ 5:00pm
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Email: email@example.com and or hand deliver to the KFN Administration Office on the Hay River Dene Reserve.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter, upon reviewing your qualifications, we will contact you if there is a match with our current open position.
134 total views, 1 today