Kivalliq business development centre
Kivalliq Business Development Centre (KBDC) provides developmental financing assistance and business services to small and medium sized business ventures in the Kivalliq region of Nunavut.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual (preference to hire an Inuit Beneficiary) for the position of
This individual will help administratively support the delivery of the Community Futures Program’s mandate to support economic and business development in our region. The successful candidate will perform skilled clerical work, and provide general secretarial support. The Secretary will be responsible for assisting with departmental payroll, maintaining financial records and facilitating communication among company departments.
Duties will include:
- greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate KBDC staff
- respond to queries in person, via telephone or email
- monitor company social media and website (in development process) accounts
- develop and implement office procedures
- maintain general company record systems to upload accurate files
- compose letters, memos and emails
- screen documents, book meeting rooms, set up conference call and take messages
- perform administrative tasks, including filing and photocopying
Qualifications–A combination of education and experience will be considered:
- high school diploma or GED. Two years of clerical experience preferred but not required as KBDC will arrange local training
- experience with bookkeeping an asset and knowledge of data processing is helpful
- knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, SAP and other office software are significant skills required. Again some training for the successful Secretary’s professional development may be provided
- experience maintaining and prioritizing a manager’s calendar is useful
- friendly and professional demeanor
- exceptional written and verbal communications, and knowledge of Inuktitut is preferred
This is a full-time position. Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Office location: Rankin Inlet, Nunavut. Salary is in the range of $45,000-$60,000+ northern allowance $18,513 and a benefits package.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please note the position may be flexible with reduced hours to half-time for a parent seeking to return to work (e.g. 9:00am-11am and 1:00pm – 3:00pm).
How to Apply
Interested applicants forward a detailed resumé/cover letter outlining skills and experience by Oct. 16, 2020 at 5:00pm PST. Please submit your resumé to:
Kivalliq Business Development Centre
P.O. Box 328, Rankin Inlet, NU X0C 0G0
Fax: (867) 645 4546 or
Thank you to all applicants; however, only persons whose applications have been selected will be contacted.
621 total views, 1 today