Full-Time Senior Administrative Officer
Hamlet of Fort Resolution
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The Hamlet of Fort Resolution, NWT, incorporated as a hamlet in 2010, population 412 (stats Canada 2021). The Hamlet of Fort Resolution is located on the south shore of Great Slave Lake (Approx 390 km South of Yellowknife- highway system). The majority of our population is Indigenous to the community or surrounding area and are of Dene and Métis descent.
The Hamlet of Fort Resolution is in search of a qualified, experienced and dynamic Senior Administrative Officer, who has proven abilities working with councils, leading a diverse team of staff, with significant experience in municipal finances, community works and asset management, human resource management in a union environment, and general municipal program & service delivery.
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the operations of the Hamlet and in ensuring that the policies, programs and other directions of Council are implemented. The SAO is also responsible for advising and informing Council on the operation and affairs of the Community Government.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• The SAO would normally attain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities through completion of a recognized accounting designation along with the completion of a postsecondary program in Public or Local Administration, with a minimum of 5 years of related Municipal experience at a senior administrative officer/chief executive officer level. Equivalencies may be considered. Proof of a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence along with a Driver’s Abstract is required.
• Functional understanding of the Hamlet’s Act or equivalent municipal legislation as well as other applicable NWT legislation.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a municipal government environment as the SAO or CEO.
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural setting.
• Must be bondable and submit to a criminal records check as a prerequisite.
The Hamlet of Fort Resolution offers a competitive salary based upon qualifications. The compensation package for this position includes benefits and allowances.
Deadline for application is August 5, 2022 at 5:00 pm MST.
We sincerely thank all interested applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information, inquiries can be directed to:
Blair Porter, Interim SAO
How to Apply
Submit resumé by mail, email, fax in confidence to:
Mailing address: P.O. Box 197
Fort Resolution, NT X0E 0M0
Email address: email@example.com
Fax: (867) 394-5415
64 total views, 1 today