Full-Time Senior Administrative Officer
The Hamlet of Enterprise is an incorporated community located in the Northwest Territories approximately 85 km north of the Alberta border on the Mackenzie Highway. Enterprise is a significant point on the Northwest Territories highway system, as all traffic that heads to the two largest population centers, Yellowknife to the north, and the nearby town of Hay River to the northeast, must pass through. As such, Enterprise has been called the “Gateway to the NWT.”
The Hamlet of Enterprise is accepting applications for the position of Senior Administrative Officer. The successful candidate will have experience working with councils and will have demonstrated the ability to lead a diverse team of staff that includes finance, economic development, and public works departments.
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the successful candidate will direct, administer, and coordinate all affairs of community government. The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of municipal administration, including management of human resources, operations, and projects in accordance with council bylaws and policies.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• a diploma or degree in Municipal Administration, plus a minimum of 3 years related municipal management or community experience. Equivalent combinations of education and/or experience will be considered.
• familiarity with statutory requirements in the Hamlets Act and related legislation. Working knowledge in government operations, statutes, bylaws, and policy making.
• solid background in financial management.
• excellent leadership, problem solving, interpersonal, and communications skills.
• strong working knowledge of Sage Accounting software and Microsoft Office.
• a positive record of working effectively with elected officials, committees, and public participation processes and policy and service delivery.
• must be bondable and submit a criminal records and vulnerable sector check as a prerequisite.
• must be in possession of a Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications. The compensation package for this position includes benefits and allowances.
Deadline for application is August 19, 2022, at 5:00 pm MST.
We sincerely thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by mail, email, or fax in confidence to:
Hamlet of Enterprise
526 Robin Road
Enterprise, NT X0E 0R1
Fax: (867) 984‐3400
1513 total views, 1 today