Full-Time Senior Administrative Officer
Hamlet of Fort Resolution
Fort Resolution, NT, X0E 0M0
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The oldest continuously occupied community in the Northwest Territories, Fort Resolution is situated at the mouth of the Slave River, on the shores of Great Slave Lake, and at the end of the Fort Resolution Highway (Highway 6), 150 kilometers from Hay River. This hamlet of just over 500 people had its beginning in 1791 when the North West Company opened a trading post there.
The Hamlet of Fort Resolution is accepting applications for the position of Senior Administrative Officer. The successful candidate will have experience working with councils and will have demonstrated the ability to lead a diverse team of staff that includes finance, recreation, and public works departments.
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the successful candidate will direct, administer, and coordinate all affairs of community government. The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of municipal administration, including management of human resources, operations, and projects in accordance with council bylaws and policies.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A diploma or degree in Public Administration, plus a minimum of 3 years of related municipal government experience at the Senior Level. Equivalent combinations of education and/or experience will be considered.
• Familiarity with statutory requirements in the Hamlets Act and related legislation. Working knowledge in government operations, statutes, bylaws, and policy making.
• Solid background in financial management.
• Excellent leadership, problem solving, interpersonal, and communications skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Sage Accounting software and Microsoft Office.
• A positive record of working effectively with elected officials, committees, and public participation processes and policy and service delivery.
• Must be bondable and submit a criminal records and vulnerable sector check as a prerequisite.
• Must be in possession of a Class 5 Driver’s License.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications. The compensation package for this position includes benefits and allowances.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
How to Apply
We sincerely thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by mail, email, or fax in confidence to:
Hamlet of Fort Resolution
PO Box 197
Fort Resolution, NT
Fax: (867) 394-5415
1135 total views, 6 today