Temporary Senior Administrative Officer
The Lutsel K’e Dene First Nation Leadership is seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Administrative Officer to lead in a team environment, and oversee the management and operations of the Lutsel K’e Dene First Nation (LKDFN). The SAO reports directly to Chief and Council. The SAO will ensure that all operations are conducted effectively and efficiently, ensuring that all decisions and actions comply with the relevant legislation, policies and procedures. The SAO is also responsible for the management, operations and the delivery of municipal programs.
Term – Minimum of 2 Years
Reports to – LKDFN Chief and Council
• manage all LKDFN programs and services to ensure that services to residents and the public are provided in an effective and efficient manner
• manage staff in order to ensure a productive, positive and healthy work environment
• ensure the proper financial management of all LKDFN operations in order to ensure that finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner and comply with relevant legislation, policies and procedures
• maintain the general administration of the LKDFN
• coordinate community development, public and community relations activities
• provide support and advice to the Chief and Council
• perform other related duties as required
• post-secondary degree in Management, Finance, Public and/or Local Administration
• five years of directly related experience in a community government setting including managing programs and staff
• three to five years of experience in financial management
• several years’ work experienced with First Nations at a senior level
• knowledge of the history of Treaty 8 and the current Akaitcho Territory Process (Treaty implementation)
Salary for this position is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
A detailed job description is available upon requests.
Eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send/email your resumé along with your cover letter to:
Lucy Sanderson, Human Resources Manager
Tel: 867-370-3051 / 7006
Closing Date: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021 at 5pm
207 total views, 1 today