Term Position Term Community Tourism Coordinator (CTC)
The Hamlet of Tuktoyaktuk requires an energetic and motivated individual to fill the position of the
TERM COMMUNITY TOURISM COORDINATOR (CTC) for a term to March 31st, 2023.
The CTC will be under the direction and guidance of the Senior Administration Officer and in conjunction with the Manager, Trade & Investment, with the department of Industry, Tourism and Investment, Government of the Northwest Territories.
The CTC is responsible for working directly with tourism operators, and other organizations that support tourism in the community, to develop, enhance and provide local tourism products and packages that can be promoted to visitors in the community. The effective delivery of business programs and services in all sectors, including business, renewable resources, arts, crafts and tourism, with a mandate aimed at developing and sustaining a healthy business community.
Qualification requirements include: must have completed Grade 12 or GED equivalent, must have 2-3 years of office experience, must have supervisory experience, must pass a criminal record check, must have basic knowledge of Microsoft products.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• familiarity with tourism trends and major tourism products and services in the community and surrounding area
• proven ability to communicate professionally using both written and verbal presentation
• specialized knowledge and experience with product development techniques, marketing strategies and tourism research methods
• knowledge in budgeting and expense management and reporting
• ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all community stakeholders involved with tourism in the community, including but not limited to:
• internal networks: tourism committees, economic development officers town Councillors, band Councillors etc
• external networks: tourism operators, NWT Tourism, RTOs, tourism coordinators from other communities, media, tour organizers, visitors
• experience with multi-media presentation programs (PowerPoint) and standard office software (MS Office Suite)
• valid driver’s license would be considered an asset
A full job description is available upon request.
Closing date: June 30th, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Salary: Based on experience
Hours of work: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
How to Apply
Katrina Cockney, Acting Senior Administrative Officer Hamlet of Tuktoyaktuk
P.O. Box 120, Tuktoyaktuk, NT X0E 1C0
Phone #: 867-977-2286 Fax #: 867-977-2110
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
1440 total views, 2 today