Full-Time Tourism & Economic Development Coordinator
Town of Hay River
is accepting applications for the position of
Tourism & Economic Development Coordinator
The Town of Hay River is accepting applications for the position of Tourism & Economic Development Coordinator on a permanent full time basis.
Duties Include but not limited to:
• promote tourism and devise tourist development initiatives/campaigns with the aim of generating and increasing revenue
• develop and enhance the Visitors Centre to stimulate tourism growth in order to produce economic benefits for the Town of Hay River
• facilitate community economic development planning in order to identify and establish tourism and other economic development opportunities
• identify opportunities for community tourism and economic development in order to development sectors, projects and initiatives
• secure funding for tourism and economic development activities and programs
Desired Qualifications: (equivalencies will be considered)
The Tourism & Economic Development Coordinator would normally attain the required knowledge, skill and attitudes through completion of a post-secondary degree combined with over five years of direct experience in any of the following areas.
• Marketing & Public relations
• Event Coordination
• Hospitality and Tourism Management
• Commerce, Economics or Management
• Salary range $39.77 – $52.48 per hour
• Plus annual housing allowance of $500.00 per month
• The Town of Hay River offers a comprehensive benefits package
Successful applicants will require Criminal Records Check
How to Apply
Applicants must include a detailed resumé and cover letter, which can be submitted in person or through the email below.
For additional information please contact:
Town of Hay River
The Town of Hay River is the Hub of the North. An ideal location for those who appreciate a lifestyle that encapsulates a family friendly environment with recreational activities that capture the spirit and zest for life in a dynamic and vibrant community. The option of walking or biking to work within minutes of where you live creates time benefits with your family. An ability to fully participate in activities that include golf, swimming, camping, fishing, water sports in the rivers, lakes and beaches, gardening, arts & cultural venues, and countless winter activities. The Town of Hay River offers a generous benefit package, and a rewarding lifestyle.
This job will remain posted until filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
1694 total views, 1 today