Full-Time Whati Senior Administrative Officer
The Community Government of Whati requires a Senior Administrative Officer who reports to Council and is responsible for the management of the Community Government.
The Community Government of Whati is situated about 250 kms northwest of Yellowknife and, unlike some NWT communities, it is accessible by road year-round with a population of about 500 residents. An annual operating budget exceeding $4M, and an annual capital budget of about $1.7M, it is also the second largest of four Tłı̨ chǫ communities within the Tłı̨ chǫ self-government region.
Under the direction of Council, the SAO is responsible for the overall management of the operations of the Community Government and ensuring that the policies, programs and other directions of Council are implemented. The SAO is also responsible for advising and informing Council on the operation and affairs of the Community Government.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A post-secondary degree in public administration, business, engineering, or other related discipline and/or a diploma in local government administration.
• Functional understanding of the Tłı̨ chǫ Community Government Act as well as other applicable NWT legislation.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a municipal government environment as the CAO, SAO, or Senior Management position.
• Candidates with less experience may be considered for a development position.
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural setting.
• Fluency in both English and Tłı̨ chǫ language would be an asset.
• Must be bondable and submit to a criminal record check as a prerequisite.
The Community Government of Whatı̀ offers competitive salaries, benefits, and a positive work environment. Benefits coverage is provided by NEBS (Northern Employees Benefits Services). If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume by fax or email no later than February 29, 2024 at 5:00 pm MST.
The Community Government of Whatı̀ thanks everyone for your interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
For more information about this position, or to forward your application, please contact:
Lisa Nitsiza, SAO
PO Box 71, Whatı,̀ NT X0E 1P0
Phone: 867-573-3401 - Fax: 867-573-3018
98 total views, 4 today