Part-Time YWCA NWT
Junior & Senior After School leaders
YWCA NWT has openings for part-time Junior & Senior Leaders with the Afterschool childcare program operating at Yellowknife schools. The after-school program is for children ages 4-10 years old. Staff provide a wide variety of exciting indoor and outdoor activities to keep children engaged and entertained. A Junior leader position is an excellent opportunity for high school students looking to gain work experience and job skills. Minimum age to apply is 16 years old. Senior leaders are responsible for supervision of junior leaders.
Hours of work 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding stat holidays. Additional time required on professional development days, early dismissals and March break.
• under the direction of the Afterschool Coordinator, organize appropriate games, crafts and activities for children
• required to work flexible hours throughout the school year on professional development days
• applicants must be able to support children effectively, participate fully as a team member, have good communication skills and be reliable and responsible
• 1+ years’ childcare experience and knowledge of child development would be an asset
• clear criminal records check
• anyone 18 or over also require a vulnerable sector check, a standard First Aid course with AED, and current immunization record with the Hep B series, up-to-date tetanus and a TB test
How to Apply
Hiring is ongoing. Send resumés to: firstname.lastname@example.org
250 total views, 5 today